Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week 3 - Tired

Hey all.

I couldn't sleep last night until about midnight, so today I am tired and grumpy. the missionaries sitting here around me as I type are being loud and getting on my nerves. Mostly tired-ness related. I think.

So this last week was fantastic. Don't know where to start.

Alright, I've seen quite a few people this week. Carter Chung came into the mtc on Wed (friend from Berkeley ward). I got to see him on Thurs. and we have meals at the same time, so I get to see him all the time! It's fun. I also saw Jordan Milot in the Bookstore and called out to him. He wasn't as excited to see me as I was to see him and at first I didn't even think he remembered me. Turns out Kendrick Turner was right behind me in line, so it was all three of us chatting for a couple minutes until E. Milot left. Fun! Also, Sis. Jones is Cammi jones from Grandma Win's ward. More about her later. Also, I forgot to mention that there was a meeting about proper dress and grooming the first sunday we were here, and guess who was one of the good examples? Lindsey Meyers, one of my friends from Sophomore at BYU! That was fun.

So I feel bad for Sis. Jones. Last night when I couldn't sleep I found her out in the hall too. She said that her roommates are really good at gettting the lights off at 10:30, but then they laugh for another hour or so. I'm exhausted with my 7 hours of sleep, so I'm grateful for roommates that want sleep too. It's been hard to sleep in the mornings b/c the other sisters will get up early to get ready or go to gym, and they always slam the door when they come in and out. Yuck! So, I've been falling asleep in class. I fell asleep yesterday when Sis Gotberg and Sumner were teaching us in Swedish. Sis Gotberg saw me and said she almost started laughing.

These elders are driving me crazy!!!! Stop shouting across the laundry room!!!!

Oh, I'm grumpy. :) So, I picked hymns this week like "Rock of Ages" and "Come Ye Disconsolate." All the elders started making fun of me saying that I only picked obscure hymns that no one knows. I argued that they needed a musical education, so we compromised that I could pick every 4th hymn. They like the easy songs so we can sing in four parts and out sing the dutch and norwegians (they aren't very good even with an Osmond) I felt this week like I had no one to talk to. How do you get out your angst when the people that are part of the problem are the only people you can talk to (the other sisters). It was great that Mitch came to lunch. I was able to talk to him about some concerns about things that some speakers had said and just release a little. It was great! Thanks Mitch!

So, we love movie quotes. That's how we get our entertainment. We relive movies every day. We also have started making up our own scenes. We have an MTC musical in the works which may or may not include Donny Osmond, John Stamos with an eye patch and peg leg, and a song about P-day and the TRC. We might just have to perform our p-day song in the laundry room before we leave here.

Well, devotional was fantastic yesterday. We heard from Elder Grow. He inspired all of us to get to work and love it! I get more excited every day. I think this will be better than I imagined :)

Much Love,

Amy

P.S. We always slip when we refer to ourselves in the third person. Still don't think of myself as sister maxwell.

No comments: