Monday, May 3, 2010

Week 6

Hello all.
I've forgotten my planner and am short on time, so I just don't know how this will turn out. Won't be my greatest work. We are going over to the mission home today to help Sister Anderson clean for Elder Teixera coming this week for a mission tour and Stockholm's stake conference. It's going to be a party. Sausage, jeans, and glass cleaner. Nothing better.

Well, this week we were quite low on teaches. We haven't been doing much finding work because we had so many people to teach, but now it is swinging the other direction again. We had no investigators come to church yesterday. Sis. Wood said it's been a long time since there was absolutely no one. Lawal came though (recent baptism). That's a plus. We wanted to get him involved in his family history work, but he's from Nigeria and the missionaries here don't know how he could do it from here. If anyone happens to be an expert on doing African family history work remotely, do let me or my mother (who will tell me) know.

So, Friday was Valborg. I might have spelled that wrong. Anyway, it's a spring welcoming holiday on April 30th. People clean up their yards and then have a bonfire with all the clippings. It looked to me like communities just cut down trees and burned them. I didn't know how I felt about that. The fire was cool though. I would send pictures, but they are on Sis Wood's camera and she forgot it. Oh well. Next week? We got to wear jeans and hang out with 4 elders from our zone and the Stockholm south zone. We got permission to leave our zone and go the one in Västerhaninge, but we ended up going to Handen. One of the younger elders felt inclined to throw an empty pudding cup and a banana peel into the not yet started fire in front of the entire community. The other elders found a trash can at least. Dignity. Always dignity. Sis Wood has discovered how easily embarrassed I am and thinks it's hilarious. Luckily she also has some sense.

My Spanish is coming back. Hooray! There is much rejoicing in the land. We went to a member's house that comes from Chile and I was able to almost carry on a conversation with them without mixing in Swedish. They gave us two bags of groceries when we left.

Well, I can't think of anything else exciting this week except that there are now little leaves on the trees and I have allergies. Where did those come from? They seem to be getting worse every year. I also just bought a really cute shirt for the summer time. Yay!

The church is true. Don't be lazy!

Love,
Syster Maxwell.

No comments: