Monday, January 31, 2011

Week 45

Subject: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east

Hello everyone!

I don't have very much time left to write today. I had to get a library card. I have a nice collection now. I have a library card from every area I've been in except Sundsvall, sadly. Well, the big news for today and the reason for the subject line from Amos is that I called president Monday night to make sure going on splits to Örebro this week instead of next week would be ok. He told me that it would be, but that he had a little wrinkle to the plan. There would be a short time missionary coming from Umeå and he wanted me to train her in Göteborg. We'd be living with the other sisters that were already there, Sis Gotberg (from my MTC group) and Sister Hedström, another short time missionary. I was of course really excited, but sad to leave Uppsala so soon, and Sister Dabb and Kiser were a excited but really nervous. They were in the MTC together and have been in Sweden about 4 months. They'll be fine, but it'll be an adventure.

So I spent Tuesday and Wednesday packing when we had free time and trying to keep my head in Uppsala for a couple more days :) On Thursday I went to Örebro to go on splits with Y, the member from El Salvador who had to come here because of problems at home and only sits at home all day because she can't speak the language and her sister works long hours. We picked her up on the way back from district meeting and I showed her how the bus system works and how to get a bus card and how to get to the church. We then went to go visit an almost investigator from El Salvador. They exchanged information and I told Y that they were now her project :) (The daughter only speaks Spanish). We met up with the other sisters and got Y back on the train. It was so much fun being with Sis Porkka again. It was like old times.

On Saturday, the sisters dropped me off in Stockholm with Sis Lundquist, the office secretary who was my companion for the day. I became the 2nd official sister secretary after Sis Wood who did the same thing before going home. It was really fun, but I was feeling really anxious to go out and work by the time I got to Göteborg with Sis Lövgren, my new companion. We stayed at the mission home the night before and that was really fun too. Sorry, this is all really vague because I have no time. We are really excited to be 4 sisters here. That never happens, especially not with two Swedish sisters, so we are excited for the next couple of months. They are both 19, and really excited to be here. Well, take care everyone, I'll tell you about the weather next week!

Sys Max

No comments: