Monday, April 4, 2011

Week 54

Subject: Wonderfulness

Hello all!

This week was a great week filled with miracles, the Spirit, and great insights. We had our sister's training in Stockholm on Tuesday and Wednesday and then with General Conference, we had a week of uplifting experiences. We played Ultimate Frisbee for the first time this season last Monday, and it was awesome. I'm ashamed to say it took awhile for me to remember how to throw a Frisbee, but it came back fast and our team dominated.

We had a nice train ride to Stockholm and my first nap in two months. I sat beside the most talkative Swede I've ever met who cried a number of times and told me most of her life story (before my nap). She was really cool. I also realized how long it's been since I've been on a real train. The work here in Göteborg is so much faster paced than my other areas have been. I like it except for being more exhausted than usual. Sisters' training was so good. I think you had to be there, but there was a perfect mix of girliness, story telling, laughter, and good missionary work. (We might have had a hairy winter legs contest and I might have won...) My favorite part is going out with the elders to contact because we get to see a different style. They are always a lot more forward than I am. Go figure. I also want to say that I love President and Sister Anderson. The more I interact with them, the more I realize that they are perfect leaders/examples for me. They have taught me so much in the last year. I'm really grateful I've had so many opportunities to get to know them.

While we were gone, the zone leaders were contacting by the Institute Center and met one of our potential investigators on his way there. They got to know him a little bit and gave him the phone number to an Iranian member in Stockholm. They called each other and talked for 3 hours about everything!! On Saturday we had one of those miracle teaches where his questions were guided by the Spirit, and he recognized that what he was feeling was the Spirit. It's just incredible. I also was prompted to ask a member to come with us on the teaches who turned out to know him from school. Pure inspiration. He's the perfect fellowshipper.

C is also still really excited about his baptism next week. He smoked once this week, but said it was nasty. He loved Conference and had such a glow about him when we all walked home together last night. Wonderfulness!

I love this!! I hope you all remember to share the gospel with you friends just like we heard yesterday. It is possible if we just seek the opportunities and they may not come in the form we expect. I really hope I can continue to be a good example and missionary after my mission. I got really excited this last weekend about the future. It's going to be marvelous.

Love,

Amy

No comments: